Tuesday 21 June 2011

DIY: Lace and Pearl Heels

My inspiration were these Frankie Morello heels featured on The Blonde Salad:



As soon as I saw these I thought they were definately DIY do-able (well, the lace part anyway). I remembered I recently bought plain black heels at a sale (stocktake sales are on-yaaay!) and I wanted to customize them. I hope you like what I've done with them and let me know what you think in the comments :)



The plain black heels:


Black lace:




Cut the lace to size and wrap arond the heel like so. use pegs or clips to keep the sides in place until you glue:





Glue the lace on the inner sides of the shoes. As your glueing the first side, keep the peg on the other to keep it in place. I used contact adhesive, because it sticks straight away without having to use clamps, because if i did use clamps, the glue would come through the lace and stick the clamps on to my shoe!




I was going to leave it like that because it looked alright but then I decided it needed a little extra embellishment so I found an old pearl dress necklace and cut it in half. I wrapped each string of pearls under the heels and up under the lace and tied it up around my ankle (it's abit hard to explain so I added an arrow to show where I wrapped the pearl string under):



The finished product:


Photos of them styled with an outfit will be up soon!


This DIY is even easier than it looks, it took me 15 minutes to do and was completely free! ( only because I had spare shoes, lace and used an old necklace).

Goodluck with giving it a go, enjoy!



EDIT: check out my DIY shoes featured here in the DIY round up on Chic-steals!



2 comments:

  1. Waouhh Great job love it.

    Follow me and I would follow you back.^^

    http://johannaluv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this! I can't believe you don't have more followers. Your DIYs are so great :)

    ReplyDelete